My biggest challenge of this summer is how to entertain kids.
I have decided to make some home made playdough which hopefully keep them busy for a while.
There is plenty of fantastic playdowgh recipes in the net. Grab one or use below one.
- 2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- Up to 1.5 cups boiling water (adding in increments until it feels just right)
- food colouring (optional)
- few drops glycerine (optional- adds more shine!)
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
- Add food colouring TO the boiling water then into the dry ingredients (colour optional)
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough
- Add the glycerine (optional)
- Allow it to cool down then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone.
Once it has cool down give your kids a “cooking” assignment. You can prepare pictures of food for younger once and thru some ideas on the older so they can get creative. Then you can wait for results. I had 2 hours free for myself while kids were “cooking” 🙂
Have fun with your own home made playdough.